Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Do natural/Organic remedies for acne deliver results?

Acne is a four letter bad word in my book. And for anyone who has had to deal with the pesky break outs, it can mess with your psyche, and personal life. I've been fortunate to dodge acne as a teen but as an adult, I've had my fair share due to hormonal changes (yuck), but that is life.

Like many people, I've used over the counter acne products containing benzoyl peroxide (common) and they worked to an extent because my acne was mild. Plus, I tried it because this is a common way to treat acne. However, I started noticing after experimenting with different products that I was only treating the symptom and not the cause of hormonal break outs.

It has taken me years to figure out the right products for me and even today, I'm hesitant to try new products without knowing the ingredients. Rule of thumb for me is to stay away from skin care products with nasty chemicals: parabens, PEGs, sulfates, petrochemicals (see Toxins to Avoid). But do natural, organic remedies for acne deliver results? It was a question for me and I was doubtful until I made some big changes.

Although it's impossible to avoid all chemicals nor would you want to live in a bubble because it's not practical, but by avoiding as many chemicals as possible especially where you can, is good for your health. There are so many healthier skin care and household products these days. Instead of using the mass products laden with chemicals, why not remove the toxins from your life? It doesn't cost any more money.

Not surprisingly, I've noticed my acne has subsided significantly, but I also know my case might be different than someone else's, who might be experiencing severe acne.

So, can you eliminate acne completely from using all natural/organic personal care products?

Not completely because the health of your skin also has to do with the foods you eat, how you take care of yourself, stress levels, how much rest you get, and so forth. But by eliminating or reducing certain foods that you might be allergic to and not even know it, could make a huge difference, along with using toxins-free personal care products that won't aggravate your acne prone skin.

For me, I'm dairy and wheat-free, which can be hard for some people. Eliminating carbs is always hard at first but if you take baby steps, you can do it. My good friend recently lost 15 lbs from ditching dairy and wheat after a few weeks! She didn't think she could do it when I first proposed the idea to her but she's now a size 6. It's wonderful to hear these results.

To your health and skin,

Janette

P.S.  If you'd like a FREE sample of the organic personal care products I'm using, email me: campopfan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment